Places to visit not far from Leucate
Our Villa in Leucate Village is an ideal base from which to explore the local and
not so local experiences:
Leucate and the surrounding area offer a plethora of activities and places to visit
· local wide sandy beaches, with many activities during high season;
•numerous places to fish and tempt the local durade to bite;
· l’Etang where you can learn to windsurf and tele-ski or simply relax on a boat;
· the local climbing adventure park and water-park, which are both a short drive
· Le Franqui, a nearby village, where you can kite surf or sand sail;
· a safari park at Sigean;
· a golf course at St Cyprien, which also has a swimming pool for relaxing after
· a number of local vineyards such as the vineyards at Fitou (the earliest A/C awarded
in this area in 1948), Corbiere and Minervois. These vineyards offer an unmissable
opportunity to sample their internationally renowned local produce;
· Carcassonne, an idyllic castle town, a UNESCO world heritage site and the setting
for the number 1 best-seller Labyrinth by Kate Moss;
· Collioure, Narbonne or Perpignan, all ideal for a day trip;
· Font Romeu, a ski resort offering a wide range of activities suitable for all the
· the historic and beautiful city of Barcelona, only a 2 hour drive away.
Heading towards Perpignan and the Pyrenees the traveller will notice the influences
changing from French to Spanish with a catalan flavour, with a variety of local food
available from Cassoulet to Crème Catalan.
The list is endless and there is something for everyone in this area; we find something
new to do every time we stay.